2-year Postdoc in Number Theory in Caen (Normandy)
The project « KupSup : the p-adic Kudla program in higher dimensions » funded by the Normandy region (150K Euros, RIN Projet Émergent) offers a two year senior post-doc position under the supervision of Marc-Hubert NICOLE.
- Starting date is: November 1st, 2022.
- The position comes with no teaching requirements.
- The position comes with a travel grant (10K Euros) as well as an equipment grant (2K Euros).
- The stipend is competitive and markedly better than a French junior professor’s salary (details upon request).
The project is about the p-adic Kudla program in higher dimensions. Recall that the classical Kudla program studies special values of analytic functions such as Eisenstein series and L-functions, or alternatively liftings of modular forms, in terms of so-called special algebraic cycles on Shimura varieties. The p-adic Kudla program in higher dimensions studies the themes of p-adic variation in families of modular forms and algebraic cycles and their intricate relationship.
The candidate will integrate the Number Theory team of the LMNO laboratory https://www.lmno.cnrs.fr/equipes/tnga. All applications demonstrating a strong research potential in the field of the project will be considered.
Applications should be sent to the contacts below before end of July 2022, and consist of the following:
- A complete CV, containing a list of publications.
- A research statement, containing both a description of past works, a discussion of future project(s) and the potential collaboration with the p-adic Kudla project.
- At least 2 reference letters.
There is possibility of readily taking part in local outreach activities if the candidate is interested (see https://www.lmno.cnrs.fr/equipes/dcm).
Contacts : Marc-Hubert NICOLE, firstname.lastname@example.org